Friday, September 5, 2008

Taipei Temple Trip

Taipei Temple Trip




Saturday August 30th, 2008





I had my fist experience with a Branch Temple Trip! We met at the Feng Yuen chapel and rode a bus up to Taipei with members from our branch. On way up we watched Johnny Lingo and watched the beautiful scenery pass by.







The temple was SO beautiful! We were just driving around and then, there it was.. right on a normal street. The grounds were beautiful and very well taken care of. I think it was the best looking block I have seen since being here. We walked inside the temple and I was shocked at the clean, white surroundings. I have only been in Taiwan just over two months, but I think I forgot how amazing it feels and how peaceful it is in the temple. The baptismal font was the smallest I have ever seen, but it was amazing to hear the baptisms in Chinese and yet still be able to feel the spirit and know that those words were so important, even if I couldn't understand them.

Taipei 101

One of the Worlds Tallest Buildings








After the temple, we went to Taipei 101. At the moment it is the Words tallest building. There is another building being built that is taller, but it is not finished yet. We went on this elevator that goes up 89 stories in just 44 seconds! From the top we had a great view of Taipei. You know, as impressive as it was, it was not my favorite view I have ever seen. For some reason it just wasn't as magical as other views I have seen. But, I am glad I got to see it, it is a HUGE city!













I looked very excited in this picture- someone told me I actually almost look Asian :) The other picture is us eathing at Subway... The first lunch meat I have had in 2 months!!! It was SO good! Well, this trip was a great adventure and i had so much fun. Taipei, I will be back soon!

0 comments: