Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Big Buddha, Big Buddha



On Sunday, September 20th Lindsey and I took a little trip to Chunghua after church. Our great friends are wonderful and showed us around their city. Here in Chunghua, they have a HUGE Buddha. This Buddha weighs 300 tons. You could actually go inside him, it was cool!

Behind Buddha is a Confucius Temple. It is one of Taiwan's oldest temples. It was BEAUTIFUL! Inside they have many different Buddhas and this huge sward that we could try and pick up.... I think I made it move a little bit, I swear!











After exploring Buddha and the Temple, we walked around the grounds. We saw a cute old man meditating and he welcomed us to Taiwan. So nice. We got a little crazy, but hey, we love these pictures. Can you just feel the action?






























1 comments:

The Corbridges said...

Rachelle- Remember that strawberry desert that you made for Mary Anne's bridal shower? Will you tell me again what you used to make it? It was amazing. And I'm finally actually feeling like making something. :)